Est. 1998

"Be one, and if ye are not one, ye are not mine" ~Doctrine & Covenants 38:27

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

One Step Forward

Today was designated as 'potty training' day at my house. Anna is about 31 months old and I've decided that since she's showing the signs of being ready for potty training (hides in the corner when she goes...), I decided to give it a different approach than I have been doing, because the way I've been doing it hasn't worked at all! I had a friend tell me about a book called Toilet Training in Less than a Day, so I ordered it. And today, Anna finally peed on her little potty for the first time!! And the best part about it was that it was a totally positive experience for her and me! And when Will got home from school, she was so excited to tell him! Then we had to call grandma and grandpa and she even asked to call her cute little friend Ava (I told her Ava goes potty like a big girl, so she wanted to tell her). The funniest thing though, was about 30 min. after Will got home from school, it was really quiet in the house, so I went looking for the kids, and this is what I found... HA HA! The book that Will is reading is the potty training book. Too funny!



This cracked me up! They were both sitting there quietly, while Will was reading about toilet training. Ha ha!



I'm a proud Mama!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

oh that's exciting!!! I bought the singing potty(it's on my blog.) It was expensive i thought, but it worked like a charm. Good job!!!

Anonymous said...

Wohoo! What an exciting day for you and Anna! I just finished reading that book too, so wish me luck! I am dreading it! :) Hope it's not as bad as I hear! Did you follow that book exactly??

Matt and Dionne said...

Yay for Anna!!! And congrats to you! I hope it continues to go so well! Potty training is definitely not my favorite part of child rearing but atleast I've been able to get through it pretty quickly with Lexi and Crue. I just hope Michael is as accomodating. I'll probably train him at 2 1/2 just like the other two.

Marissa said...

That picture is hilarious!

The Howell's said...

That picture is a keeper! How cute that he was reading the potty book to her:)

Heidi said...

So, what's the update on the potty training?
I need to call you... are you guys in Logan yet?

anna said...

we're going to be blogger friends now, yes? i think so!