Est. 1998

"Be one, and if ye are not one, ye are not mine" ~Doctrine & Covenants 38:27

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Our Latest Project

We're pretty excited to get started on the house. We found this plan (see link to left), and have modified it to make the house more open. We have increased the kitchen and great room size by quite a bit. The main floor will be just under 1700 sq feet, and the basement will be the same. We have also taken out the pantry wall to open up the kitchen to the great room. This will give us room for a large island. We are probably going to finish about half the basement for now. That way, we'll have an office, playroom and bathroom down there. The neighborhood we're building in is a new subdivision in Afton, and in a good location for resale. They are building a new elementary school right across the street from our house. And there are walking paths all throughout the neighborhood (that's unique for Afton). It will be much nicer to live there. The neighborhood we're in now is quite "white trash," if you ask me!
Since we are generaling the house ourselves, it will be a big job, and I'm sure I'll be heading most of it up because of Cal's hectic schedule. He should be able to do a lot of the finish work himself on weekends this summer (sorry, the dirt bike might not get ridden as much, Cal). Neil & Lynette have given us some good ideas as well, and that always helps.
Just thought I'd post it, since I have this blog...tell me what you think.

6 comments:

Ben said...

That house looks nice. I can't wait to see it when it is done.

Anonymous said...

I really like it! I love how the Master BR has two closets. I also love the elevation... will you keep the colors the same outside? I really like the colors and especially the garage door. I think it would definately be great for resale.

McKenzie Larson said...

actually, Heidi, we're combining the 2 closets and making it one big one! We're making it a little bigger though. The colors will be similar, but darker. We're going to use as much stone as we can. We're actually adding some neat details like columns on the sides of the garage,and the "cedar shake" looking hardy plank on parts. I'm excited! I just hope my house sells for what we want.

McKenzie Larson said...

Heidi,
Have you found a house?

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! I can't wait to see that one and the one your living in now. I heard you guys did an amazing job fixing it up. Come down to Kaysville when ever you want. We are so excited to live closer to all of you guys! It will be so fun to have a place out in the country to get away to every now and then.

Anonymous said...

Not yet :(
There's one we're thinking about making an offer on, but the guy has it really overpriced... so, hopefully he'll come down.