Est. 1998

"Be one, and if ye are not one, ye are not mine" ~Doctrine & Covenants 38:27

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

When the Dog Bites! When the Bee Stings...

Blessings come to each of us every day. Of course I know that my greatest blessings are my children, husband, family, and the gospel. But that's not what this posting is about. This posting is about material THINGS, literally. Not people, experiences or things that REALLY matter in life. I have decided to share some of my favorite things as the gift-giving season approaches. Some of them are practical as gifts and some aren't. Of course, it's not as elaborate as Oprah's Favorite Things, ha ha... but here are some of mine!

The Toilet


Kohler Toilet/Bidet Combo
This isn't just a pleasant potty experience. It's a downright treat when ya gotta do your business. Complete with a heated seat, remote control, sprayers that clean from back to front, front to back with pulsating or oscillating warm water that is quite lovely. There is also warm air that dries you off and then an automatic deodorizer and a light. Cal and I love this thing! It's perfect for him especially for those of you who know the way he learned to 'go' and 'wipe' on his mission in India! Haha!




Fortune Delight






This herbal tea comes in Lemon, Peach and Raspberry flavors and is yummy hot or cold. It is full of immune boosters, anti-oxidants and natural appetite suppressants that also fight against the absorption of sugars. I love the taste and like it first thing in the morning.


(sorry no picture of the tea)




Pride and Prejudice


A&E Films

Although nothing beats the actual book by Jane Austen, I love the older A&E version of the film. There is something so authentic about the setting and the cast. I love the movie enough to watch it at least once a year (it's 5 hours long). I don't think the new version, with Keira Knightly is nearly as good as the A&E one!


Skin Medica

http://www.skinmedica.com/

My skin was breaking out and it seemed like I couldn't get a handle on it for awhile. Until my cousin gave me some Skin Medica products. It is amazing how much softer and smoother my skin is after 6 weeks of using this! The Retinol Complex is amazing, and I love the Foaming Acne Wash too. I will be using it for a very long time!



Citizens of Humanity Jeans



MR, Nordstrom or stores that sell designer jeans usually have them. I also got a pair for $20 bucks on Ebay!


Most of you know, I have a slight obsession with jeans. I love how these jeans fit! They are low rise, but come up a little bit in the back to help hide "stuff" when you have to bend over. I love the softness and how they stretch to the shape of your body. I have a 'skinny' pair to wear with tall boots and a boot cut pair. Love them! Good jeans are hard to find!! Thanks Miss for turning me onto Citizens!




M.A.C. Mineral Make Up



I switched to mineral makeup years ago, and used Bare Minerals for a few years. I ran out of it and decided to try something new, and really like the M.A.C. Mineral Powder Foundation. It goes on very lightly and seems to last all day. I also was surprised that it costs no more, maybe even less than Bare Minerals.




Swiffer SweeperVac





Goodbye broom and dustpan! My sis-in-law had one of these and I couldn't get over how great it is! It's small, swivels into small spaces, and the double action of the swiffer pad and vac really clean nicely! I love it because it has a canister that empties easily and since I have a lot of wood flooring, it's so helpful. I highly recommend it! It's about $25.00...




The Perfume

Jivago 24K

This stuff smells heavenly...I've had some friends and family ask me about my perfume and I must say, the reason I bought this is because my aunt wore it and I always thought she smelled so nice. I've been wearing it for about 5 or 6 years now and love it. It's hard to find but if you do a google search, you should be able to get it online. If you want to smell it before you buy it, smell me! Ha Ha!!




Jewelry Armoire






I love this because it keeps everything hanging and well organized. I hated having to dig through everything and half the time my necklaces were so tangled I didn't take the time to wear them. I love how it is an almost-full length mirror when closed. And it has a lock so that kids can't open it! Thanks mom!! Where did you get this anyway???







Dusting Slippers




by Jillie Willie

The soles of these slippers are dusters for your floor, and they velcro off so that you can throw them in the laundry to wash! And as an added bonus, they're super cute :) Thanks Suni!!



Nike Plus


http://www.nike.com/ or http://www.amazon.com/



All I can say is...if you are a runner at all, and don't have one of these...it's a MUST HAVE!!!-Transforms your iPod nano into a personal workout coach--nano can provide real-time, spoken feedback that alerts you to workout milestones-Lets your iPod nano track your running time, distance, pace, and calories burned-Sync your iPod nano to transfer your workout data to iTunes and nikeplus.com for your performance history and more







11 comments:

Brooke said...

k, now I want your toilet, slippers, jewelry armoire, nike ipod.......good thing christmas is coming!

Chap and Heather said...

That's so weird, I just did a post on my new Nike + IPod I got for my birthday! I am in love with it!

That toilet looks AMAZING! I just read about it to Chap and his eyes are still huge =)

Fun post!

Marissa said...

maybe i will need one of those little nike/ipod things..my brother has one and loves it too! i really like the jewellry thing that is perfect for you!! oh and when u get prego, get a pair of citizen maternity, they are heavenly..everytime i wear them steve is like i love those jeans!! they are the exact same as regular jeans just maternity..i got mine from applematernity or something..no shipping and no sales tax!!!

McKenzie Larson said...

Brooke, you definitely need a Nike Plus. And they're about $30. I'll find our from my mom where she ordered the armoire. I love it!!

Miss- I will definitely invest in a decent pair of maternity jeans next time around ;o)And I can't believe you don't already have a nike plus!!!! You don't know what you're missing!!

Heather- The toilet is amazing!! Worth every cent!! I'll check out your blog because I've been so behind on everyone.

Colette said...

Hi, For those of you who are asking where I got the Jewelry armoire, I just googled jewelry wall cabinets and went from there. I can't remember the exact web site. P.S. We also have the bidet toilet seats and have noticed that our company seems to spend alot of time in the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

I will take one of each! :) Greg wanted to put that toliet in when we built our new house, but I said we didn't need it. Now after reading your "review" on it, I should have listened... don't tell Greg I said that though. :) I have had my eye on that Nike Plus, but wasn't sure if it truly did work well... now I know and will add that to my list for Santa. :)

P.S. I think this was better than Oprah's favorite things!

Marissa said...

I've got to find a way to get that freakin' toilet. I've been wanting one of those for years!

Marissa said...

i think steve said the prior comment..

McKenzie Larson said...

Marissa- I was gonna say...thanks for clarifying! Although I must say after you have your baby, you'll wish you had that toilet instead of the 'squirt bottle'...you'll see what I mean ;o)

Amanda said...

Love that post. I love seeing what other people are in to. I'm looking for a perfume to buy, so don't be surprised if you find me smelling you:)

NICKI said...

are you cheating on Cal? with a certain white porcelain man maybe?