We decided to take the kids again this year to chop down a tree. We headed to the south end of the valley and as we drove, I was searching for the 'perfect' tree. I kept telling Cal to slow down so that I could have more time to look through each patch of pines off the road. We finally saw a large patch of good ones, so he pulled over. Of course, the 'good ones' were across the river and of course we had to tromp through the willows (the kind that whip you in the face) with the kids. Cal luckily had his fishing waders in the truck so he was able to carry each of us across the river. When we finally got to the patch, we were OF COURSE disappointed with the trees, because they were mostly 2 trees that were growing together to form what looked like a really full, nice pine. We finally found our poor little siamese twins tree, and decided to chop them (yes our tree is a 'them') down. The trunk starts out as one and then splits into 2. So we just wired the top of them together and VOILA!! It was a fun experience though, and the kids loved it!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
The Tree
We decided to take the kids again this year to chop down a tree. We headed to the south end of the valley and as we drove, I was searching for the 'perfect' tree. I kept telling Cal to slow down so that I could have more time to look through each patch of pines off the road. We finally saw a large patch of good ones, so he pulled over. Of course, the 'good ones' were across the river and of course we had to tromp through the willows (the kind that whip you in the face) with the kids. Cal luckily had his fishing waders in the truck so he was able to carry each of us across the river. When we finally got to the patch, we were OF COURSE disappointed with the trees, because they were mostly 2 trees that were growing together to form what looked like a really full, nice pine. We finally found our poor little siamese twins tree, and decided to chop them (yes our tree is a 'them') down. The trunk starts out as one and then splits into 2. So we just wired the top of them together and VOILA!! It was a fun experience though, and the kids loved it!
Posted by McKenzie Larson at 5:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Cute blog! I love your tree, sounds like you had quiet the experience. I also like your fav. list. I need to try the MAC mineral make-up!
Kristin
Mmmm, I miss the smell of real trees!
i havent been on here forever. but your pics are so cute!! and i love your detailed list. makes me laugh!
How fun to hunt for your own tree and cut it down! That sort of thing doesn't happen here in Houston. :) Y'all are souch a cute family!
great tree! I can't believe how big Anna is now. How old is she, 3? I hope to see you this year.
That's funny! It looks great! I remember your yellow tree in you and Cal's first apartment! :)
Post a Comment