As some of you know, I have been training for my first half-marathon. And I must say it has been such a positive experience so far! I have a good friend, Marie Schwab, who is a "runner" and has quite the track record (she is still a record holder at SVHS), and she seemed optimistic about my being capable of training for a half marathon in 10 weeks. I have never run before, at least not to speak of, so I was doubtful to say the least! We're on week 8 and up to 11 miles this week and I've become pretty addicted to running, lol! Since the race is 13 miles, I would love to run 15 before, because we're training on an indoor track which I'm sure is much easier than running outside. But it's too cold here to run outside! I'm hoping the elevation and warmer temps in St. George will make it easier though! We've been waking up at 5:30am every day and it has been so nice to have such a dedicated partner! We'll see how it goes and hopefully I'll be able to run a full marathon in November 09 in New York!
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yea McKenzie! That is awesome! Running a marathon is something I have always wanted to do, but never have. It's on my "to-do: list though, so one day. :) Best of luck to you! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Wow thats awesome! I actually started to love running for the 1st time in my life this past summer/fall when I was running with my friends. We were only doing 5 1/2 miles though and I never ran the whole thing. Good luck with the marathon! You'll do great!
Good for you! I can't believe how dedicated you guys are running at the track. Good luck with the rest of your training. That's awesome!
You can do it, especially if you have been running indoors. That has got to get a little redundant.
i havent been on here forever!! But im so excited to run the half with you!! we will do awesome. thanks for running every day!! i would never do it without you! you are awesome!!
Post a Comment