Est. 1998

"Be one, and if ye are not one, ye are not mine" ~Doctrine & Covenants 38:27

Monday, September 29, 2008

Breaking in the House

This past weekend, my brothers, Matt and Ben brought their families up from Utah to visit. Ben recently moved to Highland, and Matt lives in Kaysville. We had a really nice time other than Ben, Wendy, and their 6 year old Jared, getting the stomach flu! Will woke up this morning not feeling well, and it seems to have caught him too. Yuck! Hopefully the rest of us don't get it..


My parents have been building a house up here in the valley for about 14 months, and lo and behold! They finally moved in last week and their house turned out beautiful! They got so sick of the building process that by the time it was finished, they hated the place ( I know the feeling!!!), but hopefully as time goes on, they'll love it. Their home is located on 35 gorgeous acres, in the narrows, between Afton and Thayne. Mom and dad did all of the picking and choosing themselves and as you'll see, they have great taste. The house will be a fun family retreat for many years to come! The other day, we watched a family of elk wander the property, and there are always moose, deer, and elk to be seen. Mom and dad even saw a mountain lion not far from their property. Scary!! But some of you have requested pictures, and since Steve and Marissa are in Texas and weren't able to make it up, I decided to post this. I only have a few, and didn't get any of tha bathrooms, guest bedrooms, etc. But I think Ben took more and he will probably post them. The pictures obviously don't do it justice though, so you'll all have to come for a visit to see it!







Master Bedroom
The Basement
The basement
more basement
more basement
Front entrance that faces the mountain. The back is really pretty, but I don't have a picture of it.
Family room
Cal & Anna
Family room

Kitchen

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you don't all get it! I guess to be positive, it is a good detox! No, seriously, I hope you don't get it. I'm worried about Matt and Dionne's kids too. Bummer!! Anyway, other than that. I had a good time. We'll have to come again soon. I thought your little quirks were fun to read too. I always tell everyone you are the most entertaining person I know. You and Cal could have your own reality show! Talk to you soon.

Steve said...

Looks good! By the way, I think the reality TV show is a good idea.

Kaitlan said...

The house is gorgeous. Tell your mom and dad that we love it, and that they did a really good job. We are coming up to Island Park this winter after Christmas. We might just have to stop by to see you all and check out the new houses.

sunni said...

I second the reality TV show... that would be funny! Their house is gorgeous! My parents need a VACA I am sure they would love to go see your parents!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!! How exciting for your parents... they did a great job. Sorry to hear about the stomach flu... that is the worst!! Hope the rest of you don't get it either!

Chap and Heather said...

Wow, that is a ton of land...how wonderful! I'm sure you will all make many wonderful memories there! Congratulations to them =)

Matt and Dionne said...

We had so much fun last weekend! I wish we could go back every weekend! It was so gorgeous and relaxing there.
Matt was sick all yesterday and throwing up. His blood sugar went from 50 to 280 in less than an hour. Luckily he's much better today and was able to get back to work. Michael threw up a bit again last night but I think he'll be fine.

Marissa said...

tell kevin, i think he needs to cut more wood..there is not enough stacked up...

Heidi said...

The house is awesome! Tell your Mom she's amazing for me!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Mekenzie I think it's time for a little update. :)