Est. 1998

"Be one, and if ye are not one, ye are not mine" ~Doctrine & Covenants 38:27

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Muffin Top Anyone?







Ok, so we've all seen it for the past 6-8 years, and I think the fashion world has finally had ENOUGH of the infamous muffin top! At least they have figured out that women will buy low-rise jeans no matter what the size! In reality, the worst muffin top is the BARE muffin top as seen in the photo to the left. I mean, seriously! At least wear a long cami underneath, lol! I'm not sure what is going through the minds of the women (and teens more and more) who enter the dressing room, see the overhang of fat, and then say to themselves, "perfect fit, I'm buying!"


I especially like the pink polka-dot 'belt'..I mean, it brings your eye right there to the culprit, and more importantly, it keeps her jeans on nice and snug. I don't believe that muffin top can ONLY be avoided by losing weight. It's all about the clothing choices and sizing. I don't want to sound like I'm bashing people who need to lose weight. Most people, myself included, have wanted to lose weight at one point or another. This is not about weight loss! It's about covering up!


The GOOD news, is that the new trend for fall is high-waisted pants! Although, high-waisted pants are controversial, I think they will at least offer another option to chubby American women.

But the sad thing is, even thin people walk around with muffin top too, it's just more noticeable and mind boggling when it's an overweight person. It's like a size 12 girl doesn't want to admit she's a 12, because 2 years ago she was an 8, so as long as she can squeeze into those 8's, she's buying! But maybe there's hope after all, and although at first I thought the high-waisted look was a bit ummm, ugly...it's starting to grow on me now, and it may be something I try out this fall! I remember when skinny jeans started, I was thinking, yuck! But now I think they're really cute, and come in handy when you want to wear tall boots!


Let's just hope that the 'muffin toppers' agree so that we can finally put an end to this fashion nightmare! To all you low rise wearing people without muffin top...continue as before but try the high waisted look too! Might be a nice change of scenery!
I'm curious as to what you all think of the high-waisted look, and if you're sick of the muffin top too!

12 comments:

Brooke said...

i LOVE the high waisted pant-- not sure if i can pull it off yet, but definitely worth a try! you're such a fashion forward girl!

McKenzie Larson said...

Brooke- You could definitely pull it off! You have always been stylish! I say let's go for it!

Steve said...

All this talk about muffins is making me hungry! That was a funny post. Congratulations on your annual post!

Schwab Family said...

You i am pretty amazed with your post as well. ha ha. anyway i went to school with alex perry... and then her mom married dains uncle so we see them at a lot of family things. how do you know her??

Matt and Dionne said...

Steve's comment was so funny:)

Thanks to you and Old Navy, I own the CUTEST pair of sailor type high waisted jeans and I LOVE them! Everything stays tucked:) Thanks for convincing me to get them!

Danielle said...

Let me start with asking Steve a question "how can you look at that and even think of eating?" it makes me want to puke! Great job Kenz on the post, I don't know about anyone else but I am sick of looking at everyones crack...fat or thin. Lets start the high waisted movement!

Amanda said...

Wow, your insights on muffin tops are so spot on. I don't know if I'm sold on the high waisted pants yet. Like the skinny jeans, only a select group of people can pull them off. It might be hard to find that balance where they don't look like "mom jeans" from the back ya know? I do like the idea though. I need you to play "what not to wear" with me. I'm so sick of my clothes. You're probably the best dressed girl in Star Valley!

Marissa said...

i wore a high waisted skirt today:) i think we should make a fashion blog! do's/don't, recent finds, etc..i can show everyone my sexy, hot maternity wear!

McKenzie Larson said...

Miss, I'm down with that!! Seriously, it would be fun. You are going to be the hottest mommy-to-be ;o)

Anonymous said...

Love this post! I am still laughing. :) And I must say...I am so proud of you for posting again!! You are definitley on the road to your blogging award. ;)

Kaitlan said...

Did you secretly snap a picture of me? I was looking at my naked waist today while wearing pants and all I could focus on was my love handles spilling over my pants. Thank goodness I wear long t-shirts to hide my fat rolls. I am in desperate need of fashion help. Nate says that I should go on "What Not to Wear." I think a fashion blog would be good to do (Go Marissa). Maybe a good exercise blog would help too.

Heidi said...

I would definately be a frequent visitor if you started a fashion blog. I am so out of it! I think I have good taste, I just never see what's out there anymore. Anyways, I agree with your post completely! I think I would go for some high waisted jeans, but I might shy away from tucking. I'm so excited to get out there and see you!